PAPER FATHER CHRISTMAS TREE DECOR
The Paper Father Christmas tree decorations are one not to miss this year. This unique figurine will be the star on any Christmas tree and absolutely the perfect gift. The ornament is hand made using paper and sisal. They are an extremely lightweight decoration to hang on your Christmas tree, as they come with a small strings attached.
As each ornament is individually hand made, expect minor variations in colour and features.
Materials: Paper, dry Banana fibre, sisal.
- Banana fibre, also known as musa fibre is one of the world's strongest natural fibres. Biodegradable, the natural fibre is made from the stem of banana trees and is incredibly durable. The thicker, sturdier fibres are taken from the banana trees outer sheaths, whereas the inner sheaths result in softer fibres.
- Banana fibres can be used as natural absorbents, bio – remediation agent for bacteria in natural water purifier, for mushroom production, they are also used in making of handicrafts, quality paper cards, tea bags, string thread, high quality fabric material, paper for currency notes and good ropes for tying purpose.
- Sisal with the botanical name Agave sisalana, is a species of flowering plant grown on three continents and harvested for its leaves, which produce fibres that can be used to make plastics, textiles and paper.
- Sisal fibre is made from crushing the leaves of the plant. The resulting pulp is scraped from the fibre, and the fibre is washed and then dried by mechanical or natural means.
- These angels are made in Uganda and the sisal comes from the northern part of the country.